Larger trash items that will not fit into your cart cannot be left at the curbside as part of your regular trash collection.
Bulky waste items include: furniture, mattresses, toilets, refrigerators, and washers/dryers.
In-city residents are allotted two (2) free bulky waste curbside pick-ups per year.
Call Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) at (512) 930-1715 to schedule a curbside bulky waste pickup.
Any concerns about a missed bulky waste pick-ups please call TDS at 512-930-1715.
For a fee, customers may bring bulky wastes to the Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive; fees will be assessed at the gatehouse.
- Bulky waste pickups are scheduled on Saturdays from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Do not place items curbside more than 24 hours before your scheduled collection.
- Processing charges for refrigerated appliances apply. Refer to the rate sheet for pricing information by clicking here.
- Additional pickups or residents who live outside City limits will pay $25/cubic yard.
- The volume allowed per pickup is up to three cubic yards. Volumes exceeding 3 cyd are $25/cyd.
- To determine how many cubic yards you may have for pick-up, multiply length x width x height (in feet) and divide by 27. For example, 4’ x 3’ x 5’ = 60 cubic feet/27 = 2.22 cubic yards. Also, a 96 gallon cart is appoximately one-half cubic yard.
- Unacceptable bulky waste items include, but are not limited to: tires, vehicle batteries, televisions, hazardous materials, and construction waste such as bathtubs, cabinetry or sheet rock.
- Construction materials that are in good condition may be donated to the Habitat Re-store.
Gently used items such as clothing, housewares, and furniture can be reused by charitable organizations such as the Caring Place at (512) 869-4735 or Goodwill Industries at (512) 868-9547. Computer components and televisions can be taken to any Goodwill where they are ‘demanufactured’, resold or recycled.