Online Household Hazardous Waste Voucher Program
Household Hazardous Waste Options The City is working on a new household hazardous waste (HHW) program. Currently, residents can participate in the Williamson County spring collection event on April 27th at no charge. More information about locations and times will be coming soon. Residents can also use the City of Round Rock’s HHW facility located at: 310 Deep Wood Drive, Round Rock, Texas. There is a $40 fee charged for all non-Round Rock residents. Payments may be made in cash or by check. No credit/debit cards accepted. More information about the Round Rock HHW program can be found at: https://www.roundrocktexas.gov/departments/utilities-and-environmental-services/solid-waste-recycling/household-hazardous-waste-disposal/ What is household hazardous waste?
Household hazardous waste products should never be poured out on the ground, down the drain, or thrown out with regular household garbage. Improper disposal can contaminate groundwater and drinking water. It can also injure those who come into contact with the waste
Many common products used in the home and garden are considered household hazardous waste. These items should not be placed in residential trash collection carts or placed at the curb for pickup.
Household hazardous waste products are often labeled with words such as caution, toxic, poison, corrosive, or danger. Examples include:
- Aerosol spray cans
- Art and hobby chemicals
- Automotive products
- Fluorescent lights (tubes or CFL’s)
- Household cleaners and disinfectants
- Mercury (from thermometers, thermostats)
- Motor oil or transmission fluid
- Paints and stains, especially oil-based
- Pesticides and poisons
- Pool and spa chemicals
- Thinners and solvents
- Vehicle batteries (wet cell)
Each year, the City of Georgetown collects 78,000 pounds of household hazardous waste.
To obtain a voucher customers must:
- be an in-city limits resident of the City of Georgetown with an active utility account, or
- be an outside city limits resident who has an active Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) service account and active utility account with the City of Georgetown
Jonah Water Special Utilities customers please contact the City of Georgetown Customer Care at (512) 930-3640 to obtain a voucher at our Georgetown Municipal Complex.
The voucher covers the expense of HHW material disposal.
- UQualified in-city residents receive 100% disposal cost coverage
- Qualified outside city limits residents receive 50% disposal cost coverage
- No commercial or home-based business HHW material is allowed for disposal
Facility hours of operation THROUGH December 22, 2018 are:
- Thursdays & Fridays: 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
In-city residents, please remember that in order to obtain a voucher you must have an active utility account to participate in this program.
Outside city residents, please remember that in order to obtain a voucher you must have an active utility account with the City of Georgetown and active TDS service.