Curbside Yard Trimming Collections
For in-city limit residents, Texas Disposal Systems picks up yard trimmings on the 1st recycling day of each month, year-round, from the curbside.
- Material must be in bundles, personal containers, or compostable paper bags, available at local hardware and grocery stores.
- Each bundle should be no more than four feet in length, no more than 35 pounds, and secured with twine/string.
- Residents may also use a personal container marked specifically with the words ‘Yard Trimmings’ and the address on the container.
- Maximum of 20 items; this can be any combination of paper bags, personal containers, or bundles.
- Crews will not collect paper compostable bags with weekly garbage pickup; it is serviced by a separate truck.
- If more than 20 paper bags need to be collected, each additional bag must have a Bag Tag. Bag Tags may be purchased for a fee at the Utility Billing office, 300-1 Industrial Blvd., 512-930-3640.
Any concerns about a missed pick-up please call TDS at 512-930-1715.
Free mulch available at Transfer Station
All curbside-collected yard trimmings are brought to the Transfer Station and ground into mulch. All TDS customers are eligible to receive one free cubic yard of mulch. Residents must show proof of address/TDS account. A TDS employee will help load unbagged mulch into trucks and trailers. The Transfer Station is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and Saturday 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mulch is very beneficial for a number of reasons:
- Conserves moisture, reducing the need for frequent watering
- Prevents/reduces soil erosion
- Maintains a more even soil temperature
- Prevents weed growth
- Creates an ideal environment for earthworms and other soil organisms
- Organic matters help keep soil loose
- Increases root growth
- Naturally beautifies your yard
For additional information on free mulch, please call TDS at 512-930-1715.