The City of Georgetown provides garbage and single stream recycling collection services through a contract with Texas Disposal Systems (TDS).
All City utility customers who live inside the city limits are required to have garbage through TDS.
City residents have once a week curbside garbage and bi-weekly recycling service.
Our residents have a choice of a 35-gallon rolling cart (36″H x 24″W x 20″D), 65-gallon rolling cart (42″H x 26″W x 28″D), or 95-gallon rolling cart (46″ H x 28″W x 34″D) provided by TDS.
City utility customers who live outside the city limits have the option of having a once weekly trash pick-up through the City’s contractor or choosing another service provider.
For more information, to request new service, a change in service, or to register a complaint, contact Customer Care at (512) 930-3640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any concerns about a missed trash or recycling pick-up please call TDS at 512-930-1715.
To replace or exchange a trash or recycling cart, please call TDS at 512-930-1715
Residential Solid Waste Collection
- The cart must be placed at the curb for collection by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Residents must fit all garbage inside their the cart. Bags or bundles of garbage outside the cart must have a Bag Tag in order to be collected. Bag Tags are available for $5 each from the Utility Billing office located at 300-1 Industrial Blvd, 512-930-3640.
- Acceptable waste includes household garbage and brush. No hazardous materials are allowed inside your cart; for information about our hazardous waste voucher program, click here.
- Bag Tags are not necessary for Kraft paper bagged yard trimmings collected during the curbside yard waste program dates.
- To report a broken or defective cart, please call TDS at 512-930-1715 to request a replacement cart to be delivered; this process usually takes 2-3 business days.
- Residents may place yard trimmings inside their garbage cart but if collected along with your regular trash pick-up, they are not recycled, and are taken to the landfill. In order to ensure your yard waste is recycled and not thrown away as trash, visit our Yard Trimming section.
- Brush may be brought to the Collection Station for recycling. The cost is $6.25/cubic yard.
Residential Solid Waste Rates:
- All others, call Texas Disposal Systems at 1-800-375-8375