Residential Solid Waste Services
The City of Georgetown provides landfill and single stream recycling collection services through a contract with Texas Disposal Systems (TDS).
City residents have weekly curbside landfill disposal and bi-weekly recycling services. Collection trucks run from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Residents have a choice of:
a 35-gallon rolling cart (36″H x 24″W x 20″D),
65-gallon rolling cart (42″H x 26″W x 28″D),
95-gallon rolling cart (46″ H x 28″W x 34″D) (default)
Residents who live outside the city limits may choose to have City service.
Contact Georgetown Customer Care at (512) 930-3640 or email email@example.com to:
- Request New Service
- Request a Change in Service
- Request Bag Tags
- Add an Additional Trash or Recycling Cart
- Report Broke or Defective Carts
- Register for Household Hazardous Waste Events, or;
- Register a Complaint
Contact Texas Disposal Systems at 512-930-1715 for:
- Missed Trash or Recycling Pick-Up
- Schedule Bulky Waste Pick-Up
Residential Solid Waste Collection
- The cart must be placed at the curb for collection by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Residents must fit all materials inside their cart. Plastic trash bags or bundles of garbage outside the cart must have a Bag Tag in order to be collected. Bag Tags are available for a fee from the Utility Billing office located at 300-1 Industrial Blvd, 512-930-3640.
- No hazardous materials (any items with a warning label) are allowed inside your cart.
- Bag Tags are not necessary paper bagged yard trimmings
- Residents may place yard trimmings inside their cart but if collected along with your regular trash pick-up, they are taken to the landfill. In order to ensure your yard waste is recycled, see Yard Trimmings.