City of Georgetown Medication Collection Kiosk
Do You Have Expired or Unused Medications?
Don’t Flush — Don’t Store — Don’t Trash
Now you can dispose of your unused and/or expired medications safely, securely, and conveniently. The City of Georgetown was awarded a grant to manage public medications and we are proud to be the first police department in Williamson County to openly accept controlled medications via kiosk collection.
Location and Hours of Operation:
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center: 3500 DB Wood Rd, Georgetown
- Open Monday thru Friday 8 am until 5 pm. Holiday’s are observed so please check city holiday schedule.
- Please call (512) 930-0420 prior to visiting to ensure the box is not full.
- The Williamson County Sheriff’s Department also hosts a collection kiosk at 508 S. Rock St. To contact their office, please call (512) 943-1300.
- Controlled Substances: i.e.- pain medicine, sedatives, muscle relaxers, anti-anxiety medicines
- Prescription Medications: i.e.- blood pressure medicines, diabetic pills (no needles or syringes), cholesterol medicine
- Over-the-Counter Medications: i.e.- allergy medicine, topical creams, cough syrup, herbal supplements
- Pet Medications: i.e.- heart-worm pills, pain medications, diabetic medicines
Materials NOT Accepted:
- NO Needles or Syringes: please dispose of these into your trash cart inside of a hard-plastic container with a taped lid. Do not place in recycling cart, please.
- NO IV Fluid Bags: i.e.- No IV fluids are allowed, please dispose of these in your trash cart. Do not place in recycling cart, please.
- NO Illegal Drugs: i.e.- cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, or pot